Today’s snack attack segment is brought to you by whole, plant foods from…you guessed it…Mother Earth. Ditch the neon orange cheesy puffs and the greasy tortilla chips. Go for the gold and make your very own Plantain Chips! Baked (not fried) with a smidgen of organic, unrefined coconut oil and a dash of salt and spices. No blending or food processing necessary – just a little slicing, baking, and there you have it, snacking done right.
BAKED PLANTAIN CHIPS
Adapted from Fed & Fit Paleo Plantain Chips
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 2 plantains, peeled and thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 tsp. unrefined organic coconut oil, melted
- pinch of Himalayan salt, or to taste
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a glass pyrex measuring cup (in the oven or microwave) for about 30 sec.
- Rinse and dry plantains. Peel and thinly slice, on a bias (about a 45 degree angle).
- Combine salt and spices in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine plantain slices, salt/spices, and melted coconut oil and toss to evenly coat each plantain slice.
- Lay slices on the lined baking sheet in one layer (do not overlap).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from heat and flip each chip.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until chips are golden and crisp on the edges.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Enjoy with Fresh Corn Salsa!
To your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 9/5/15
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Michelle – TRX VS Obstacle Course
Written by: Coach Jentry on September 4, 2015.