Salads should never be boring or underwhelming. They should be satisfying, nourishing, filling, and dare I say…downright delicious.
This salad holds up well as a bonafide meal – excellent source of fiber, protein, vitamins K, A and C, and omega-3 fatty acids. The peppery arugula is tamed down by the sweetness of the cherries and plout, along with the creamy avocado and savory tofu. Cheers!
- 4 large handfuls arugula, rinsed and dried *
- 1 cup fresh cherries, halved, pitted, stems removed
- 1 pluot, pitted and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 4 Tbsp. sage vinaigrette, recipe below
- 2 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- Baked Garlic Ginger Sesame Tofu, thinly sliced (Recipe HERE)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare Baked Garlic Ginger Sesame Tofu ahead of time and let cool.
- Wash and prepare all ingredients.
- *Use a salad spinner to rinse and drain arugula, or wash and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts and top with sliced tofu.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 Meyer lemon (use regular if you don’t have Meyer)
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tsp. dried, ground sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a small glass bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Written by: Coach Jentry on July 27, 2018.