Zoodles. One of the best things to happen to the noodle world since, well, noodles. They tell your brain you’re enjoying a good bowl of noodles and they tell your body you’re feasting on nutrient-dense plant foods. Genius, right? Add in all the black beans, sweet potatoes, and creamy avocado sauce you want, and you’re set for life.
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM ZOODLES WITH BLACK BEANS & SWEET POTATOES
Yields ~4 generous servings
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, roasted and diced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- juice from 1/2 lime
Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce Ingredients
- Flesh from one large avocado or 2 small
- 2 Tbsp. water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce Method
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on size) lengthwise into quarters and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
- Cut the ends of the zucchini and create zucchini noodles (aka zoodles), using a spiralizer or Julienne Peeler. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onions over medium heat for ~3 minutes, or until they become tender and browned.
- Add vinegar and toss.
- Reduce heat to low-med and stir in zoodles. Cook until zoodles are tender (between 3-5 min).
- Add black beans, corn, sweet potatoes and stir.
- Season with salt, spices, and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce.
- Garnish with avocado, hot sauce, lime juice, and enjoy!
Written by: Coach Jentry on June 8, 2018.