All hail Saturdays! All hail smoothies! We’re taking Smoothie Saturday to the next level with a smoothie bowl. Top your blended, nutrient-rich, tasty goodness with more colorful, healthful toppings and boom, it’s fun for the whole family!
BERRIES & GREENS SMOOTHIE BOWL
By Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
For the smoothie:
- 2 cups nondairy milk (almond, soy, cashew, hemp)
- 2 handfuls baby greens (kale, collards, chard, romaine)
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (almond, peanut)
- 2 Tbsp. hemp protein (Trader Joe’s Vanilla protein recommended)
- 6-8 mint or basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 cup frozen mango and/or banana (for creaminess)
- squeeze of fresh lime, lemon or orange juice (optional)
For the toppings:
- banana, thinly sliced
- green apple, thinly sliced
- fresh blueberries
- hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients (in the order listed above) in a high-powered blender and pulse a couple times to evenly distribute everything.
- Blend for a minute or so, until the consistency is smooth and thick, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour into serving bowls, garnish with toppings and eat up!
Cheers to your health!
Written by: Coach Jentry on June 20, 2015.