It’s that time of year when peaches and berries are at their prime, so we’re taking full advantage and getting all our antioxidants in while we can. Hence, our smoothie bowl rendition of a berry peach cobbler. It’s cool like a smoothie bowl and sweet like summertime.
BERRY PEACH COBBLER SMOOTHIE BOWL
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 smoothie bowls
SMOOTHIE BOWL INGREDIENTS
- 16 oz. plant milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced, pitted and frozen*
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups frozen berries, any variety
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
SMOOTHIE BOWL TOPPINGS
- Fresh peach slices
- Banana slices
- Fresh berries
- Granola (Purely Elizabeth GF Organic Ancient Grain Granola is my fave)
SMOOTHIE BOWL METHOD
- *Freeze 2 peaches ahead of time – be sure to remove pits and slice before freezing.
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer into serving bowls, top with goodies and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 7/17/16
9:00AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Piper – HIIT Saturday