Just in time for another lovely summer weekend, we have a new snack attack recipe to add to your repertoire, Cilantro Lime Black Bean Hummus. A fresh departure from the usual chickpea-based hummus, this black bean version brings a little more color and flare to your snacking or garnishing needs.
CILANTRO LIME BLACK BEAN HUMMUS
Adapted from Chop Chop Mag’s Black Bean Hummus
Recipe by: Jentry Lee Hull
- 1 (15-oz) can whole organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (raw, if possible)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange or lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- small bunch of fresh cilantro (about golf ball size)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. cold, filtered water*
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend, occasionally scraping down the sides to evenly incorporate all the goodness.
- *Add 1-2 Tbsp. cold, filtered water to thin and smooth out the consistency.
- For those with an aversion to cilantro, remove and swap for another unique flavor – try a pinch of cumin or dash of chipotle powder.
- Enjoy with fresh, crisp veggies or go nuts and have a tortilla chip or two (Late July are a household fave).
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 7/11/15
8:30 AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Met Con Saturday!