I didn’t want this salad to end. It was over the top tasty and satisfying. I may just eat this for every meal for the rest of the weekend, because it’s salad and because I can.
Not the best shot of this amazing salad, but you get the idea.
BLACKBERRY CITRUS KALE SALAD with POPPY SEED VINIAGARETTE
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 1 large salad
BLACKBERRY CITRUS KALE SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 bunch dino/lactino kale, chiffonade*
- ½ orange peeled and pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup blackberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 slice Smoked Gouda Style Daiya Cheese, cut or pulled into small pieces
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
POPPY SEED VINIAGARETTE INGREDIENTS
- Juice from ½ orange
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 ½- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard (I used Sir Kensington’s)
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of turmeric
Blueberry has some serious salad envy…and the cutest face ever.
POPPY SEED VINIAGARETTE DIRECTIONS
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly whisk together dressing ingredients. The dressing doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth and creamy, because you’re about to massage this into your kale.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
BLACKBERRY CITRUS KALE SALAD DIRECTIONS
- Wash kale, remove stems, if desired (I left mine on). Chiffonade Kale (slice into thin strips).
- Add kale to large mixing bowl, with prepared vinaigrette. Massage dressing into kale for about 1 minute, or until kale is tender and bright green.
- Incorporate remaining salad ingredients, toss and serve.