Many people talk about eating seasonally, but why? There are many reasons to eat seasonally, and they are all really good reasons!
BOOT CAMP LAFAYETTE
There are a number of good reasons to eat more local, seasonal food:
- to reduce the energy (and associated CO2 emissions) needed to grow and transport the food we eat
- to avoid paying a premium for food that is scarcer or has travelled a long way
- to support the local economy
- to reconnect with nature’s cycles and the passing of time
but, most importantly, because
- seasonal food is fresher and so tends to be tastier and more nutritiousBOOT CAMP DANVILLE
June brings the start of summer, and with it, a ton of seasonal produce.
Click here for a list seasonal produce by month.