Every day habits make our break us. Getting into a positive rhythm is the easy part, but maintaining it can be very difficult. A shift in your morning routine, a break in the day, a different plan… one little thing can help us to make our healthy behaviors last.
Here are a few little things you might try to apply to your life to help you keep the rhythm of health alive!
- Drink 2 cups (16 ounces) of water when you wake up to boost your metabolism and curb your calorie intake.
- Get your workout in earlier in the day to sharpen your cognitive skills throughout the day. And, getting it done early in the day removes the I’m too tired after work excuse.
- Avoid snacking when you are bored. Eat when you are hungry, and try tea if you need something.
- Eat wholesome foods. Many processed foods have additives your body doesn’t know how to digest which can cause GI issues and other health problems.
- Slow down. Let go of a few commitments to make more room in your schedule if you are often feeling rushed.
- It seems obvious, but when you are a hard working person productivity guilt is real. Give yourself a break.
- Get GOOD sleep.
- Wear a KN95 mask when indoors.
- Take vitamin D daily and zinc daily.
Regression is expected when we are working toward a lofty goal. So what?! These are speed bumps, not road blocks. Life is never totally under our control, but we can always control attitude towards life. Taking full responsibility for our circumstance is hard, but it also puts us in control of our destiny. There is no better way to get results than to do the work!
Cheers to day 26.
🙂 Coach M
Written by: Michelle Brown on January 27, 2021.