Pasta salad done right! Oodles of veggies and gluten free pasta all tossed in a light Lemon Maple Tahini Dressing. This is a great salad to make ahead of time for lunch, dinner, or a get together. Variety is good, so feel free to mix up which veggies you use. Roasted eggplant, asparagus, and sweet potatoes would work well here, too.
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull inspired by Ina Garten
Yields 6-8 servings
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 head broccoli or cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil or other oil, optional
- 1 ½ cups (1-15 oz. can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. pasta (DeLallo GF Brown Rice Pasta, Jovial, quinoa pasta, etc.)
LEMON MAPLE TAHINI DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1 small lemon)
- ¼ cup orange juice (1 small orange)
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar (apple cider, red wine, or champagne)
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup shallots, finely minced
- ½ tsp. pink salt, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cold water, to thin
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD METHOD
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On the first baking sheet, place cauliflower/broccoli florets on one half and Brussels sprouts on the other half.
- On the second baking sheet, place bell pepper on one third, onion on another third, and tomatoes on the last third.
- Spray or drizzle with oil (if desired), sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss veggies with clean hands to evenly coat, keeping them in their designated sections.
- Roast veggies for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning halfway through with a spatula.
- Add minced garlic to the veggies in the last 3-5 minutes of roasting, being careful not to burn.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water (about 6 quarts) to boil and cook pasta until al dente (“to the tooth”). Drain and set aside.
- Once all veggies and pasta are cooked, combine in a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing (I used about a third). Serve chilled or at room temp.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
LEMON MAPLE TAHINI DRESSING METHOD
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add cold water to thin or more tahini to thicken.
- Keeping your veggies in sections, rather than mixing them, will help to better control the roasting process. Should one of the vegetable sections cook more quickly than another, you can more easily remove that section from the sheet with a spatula.