Getting enough quality sleep is critical to your health. From inflammation to weight loss, sleep helps our body systems recover and function optimally. Eight hours of quality, uninterrupted sleep is hard to come by, but we can take some measures to help our cause. Here are some ideas…
1) Shut down. Turn off all computers and screens at least a half hour before bed. Bright screens can delay bedtime.
2) Eat some cherries before bed! Cherries are one of the few natural foods to contain melatonin, the chemical that helps control our body’s internal clock. One study—albeit a small one—found that drinking tart cherry juice resulted in small improvements in sleep duration and quality in adults who suffered from chronic insomnia.
3) Avoid alcohol before bed. It can cause indigestion and studies show that people who drink in the evening experience more disturbances in their sleep pattern.
4) Exercise! Physical activity improves quality of sleep.
5) Do it! Sex releases oxytocin which helps you sleep!
This week of the March Challenge requires you to go to bed 10-20 minutes earlier. Let me know if you find that impossible or if you feel improved sleep from it!
Marcus sleeps after some hard playtime!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Tuesday 3/17/15:
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Michelle – TRX Tuesday!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Partner UP.
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT Tuesday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Michelle – TRX Tuesday!
11:00AM Cytosport Strength Training & Power – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)