The new year is approaching and many of us may be building a list of New Year’s resolutions in our head, or even on paper. In fact, one year I was so set on achieving my resolutions, I laminated my list of 20+ resolutions and taped it to my bathroom mirror. Perhaps a little overboard, I know. But, it actually helped!
For those of you who may not take New Year’s resolutions quite so seriously, here are a few funny and more realistic New Year’s resolutions, complements of udemy blog
1. Finish a chap-stick.
2. Fill up your gas tank all the way.
3. Grow a plant.
4. Separate your colors from your whites.
5. Don’t send a text to someone sitting in the next room…or the same room.
6. Try taking a selfie that looks like a picture of an actual person.
7. Try coming up with a new creative excuse for playing hooky. “I’m getting sick” and “my Aunt died” are getting a little old and are totally transparent, dude.
8. How about not making your New Year’s resolutions on a napkin at a bar on New Year’s Eve and then either losing it immediately or spilling your $8 cocktail all over it.
9. Take a nap instead of doing work. Sometimes, you need that all our drool-fest with your pillow when you’re so tired your eyes won’t stay open. Instead of prying them open Clockwork Orange style, shut those baby’s and hit the nearest soft thing for some much needed Zzz’s. Work will always be there. Sanity will not. I know this.
10. Case your house, so you know how the robber will get in when they try.
11. Don’t do so much “foot cleaning”.
12. Don’t let your dog, Barky, be your vacuum. You lazy, lazy human.
13. Don’t collect your hair on the wall of the shower, make it into an easy to clean up wad, and then throw it out after you’re done showering. Just once.
14. Don’t save your fortune cookie message like it’s going to guide you towards the light, or save you when you’re in the dumps.
15. Don’t pick your nose in your car. We can see you.
16. Don’t adopt a really cool new social media acronym.
17. Come up with a creative Halloween costume. No more provocative cats or dead people, please.
18. Don’t be convinced by that 2am infomercial.
19. Be accepting.
20. Don’t stay home from work so you can watch the Law and Order: SVU marathon on USA.
21. Lady’s, don’t do the back-up fake emergency phone call when on a first date.
22. Don’t stalk your favorite celebrity.
23. Walk, wherever you’re walking, without staring at, using, or listening to your phone.
24. Don’t buy “cool” shoes like UGGS or TOMS because they are written in all caps, and very popular.
25. Be a part of the human journey. Be empathetic, love your neighbor, do everything you can to be better than you were yesterday. We have a responsibility to be good to one another, to try and understand one another. Don’t think you’re different and don’t need to do this, you’re human, and we all have an obligation to show compassion and moral support to our fellow humans. We got here the same way and we’ll leave the same way, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Gumsaba Fitness Class schedule Monday 12/29/14
5:30AM Womens only Sunrise class – Coach Briana – Superset Cardio Mash Up
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Superset Cardio Mash Up
6AM Sunup Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – Superset Cardio Mash Up
8:15AM Sunrise Moraga Womens only Class – Coach Michelle – TRX Superset Cardio Mash Up
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens only class – Coach Briana – Superset Cardio Mash Up
11:00AM Cytosport Boot camp Lite Benicia – Coach Michelle (private class) Cardio Core Mash Up
12:00PM Cytosport Boot camp Benicia – Coach Michelle (private class) Partner Cardio Core Mash Up
4PM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Michelle D. (private class)
4PM Teen Athletic Conditioning – Coach Joel – Power and Agility