On a hot, summer day sometimes all you want is a heaping scoop of cold ice cream. You know what I’m talking about. It’s that sweet, creamy goodness that takes you back in time to when you were a carefree kiddo, covered in sunscreen, running around with your best buds looking for trouble. Ice cream is like summertime in a cone. Insert, nice cream. Nice cream has the same dreamy ice cream flavor, but with zero refined sugar, dairy, preservatives, high-fructose corn syrup and gluten. It’s just whole fruit blended with a little plant milk and topped with more goodies.
MANGO NICE CREAM
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks (~2 small bananas)
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- ¼ to ½ cup unsweetened plant milk (almond, cashew, coconut, soy, hemp)
- fresh blueberries and strawberries
- granola (Purely Elizabeth Granola is a family favorite – available at Target and WF)
NICE CREAM METHOD
- In a high-powered blender, combine frozen banana chunks, mango chunks and plant milk.
- Pulse and blend, adding additional liquid as needed until consistency is creamy and nice cream-like.
- Divide into two serving bowls, top with fresh berries and granola, and enjoy!
- If you want to sweeten it more, add a small amount of maple syrup or a couple dates.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 6/25/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Karen – Team Work
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 6/26/16
9:00AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Michelle – Skill Building Circuit