There’s nothing quite like fresh baked goodies from the oven. Not all goodies are good for us though, which is why I was so excited about this recipe. Not too sweet and still a whole lotta taste. We dialed back the sweetener, added a whole bunch of fruit, whole grains and a little flax, and made out like bandits!
Sure, they don’t take the place of a green smoothie or bowl of oatmeal, but these muffins make a great snack on-the-go or a nice morning treat.
MERRY BERRY OAT MUFFINS
Full of: fiber, antioxidants, flavor
Free of: refined oil, refined sugar, dairy
Adapted from Simple Daily Recipe’s Triple Bitchin Berry Bread
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ – ½ cup sweetener (date paste, coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2 cups flour (almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, etc.)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with parchment baking cups or, if making bread, line bread pan with parchment paper.
- Peel two ripe bananas and mash with a fork or mixer.
- Add vanilla, sweetener, ground flax, and plant milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together then add to wet mixture and stir.
- Fold in frozen berries and spoon mixture into muffin tins (until about 2/3 full) or lined bread pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes (for muffins) or 45-50 minutes (for bread), or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 11/19/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Tabata Circuit City
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Tabata Circuit City
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Tabata Circuit City
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Tabata Circuit City
9:15 AM Rose Court Private Class – Coach Michelle – Tabata Circuit City
11:00AM Cytosport Power Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
3:30PM Miramonte Football Stretching Session – Coach Michelle & Coach Jentry