Simple ingredients, savory flavor and lusciously aromatic, this soup is the epitome of comfort food. Positively healthful, nourishing comfort food. Eat up!
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull inspired by The Happy Herbivore
Yields 6-8 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-15oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-15oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp. Italian seasoning (oregano, parsley, garlic)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-12oz. box GF Jovial Foods Brown Rice Fusilli (or any other pasta brand)
- 1 ½ cups (1-15oz. can) beans (kidney, Great Northern, chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot over medium heat, water/broth sauté diced onion for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add diced zucchini and yellow squash, stir and sauté for another 3 minutes until slightly tender and browned.
- Stir in minced garlic, sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Incorporate tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a gentle boil, add dry pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Add beans and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 more minutes, or until beans are warmed through.
- Transfer to serving bowls, top with fresh parsley or oregano, and enjoy!