If you’re looking for something other than pumpkin pie to satisfy your sweet tooth on Thanksgiving, give these gems a whirl. They’re simply divine in texture and flavor. With just the right amount of spice these fluffy, almost cake-like cookies offer a simple twist on an old classic.
PUMPKIN SPICE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, egg free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from Amy in the Kitchen
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp. ground flax + 6 Tbsp. water)
- 1 ½ cups pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (super-fine)
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour or other GF flour blend (I used Cup 4 Cup)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2-3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ tsp. pink salt
- 2 cups Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk ground flax with water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pureed pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix by hand, with an electric mixer or with a standing mixture.
- Add flax eggs to the wet mixture and blend until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together with a fork, almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until well-incorporated. Don’t over mix or you’ll have tough cookies.
- Using a cookie scooper or small spoon, place cookie dough onto each lined baking sheet in rows of 3X4 (12 cookies per pan).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown and lightly crisp around the edges.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before eating.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 11/24/16
7:00AM-8:00AM ONE BIG HAPPY THANKSGIVING CARDIO BLAST – MVHS Football Field – Coach Michelle