The long weekend is upon us and we want you to get the most out of it. That’s why we’re sharing this recipe again. We’ve fed these savory, lime and beer infused, plant-powered tacos to our pickiest friends and family members, and won them over time and time again. These tacos are great for bringing to a BBQ or gobbling up on Taco Tuesday. Cheers!
ROASTED BEER & LIME CAULIFLOWER TACOS
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Thug Kitchen
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¾ cup beer
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp. soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 1 ½ Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, optional
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets (no bigger than a quarter).
- Whisk together beer, veggie broth, lime juice, tamari/soy/liquid aminos, hot sauce, and garlic.
- In a large saucepan, warm the sauce mixture over medium heat, add cauliflower florets, and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a sifted spoon, scoop out the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Keep the sauce mixture in the pan.
- Pour black beans in the sauce and simmer on low heat while cauliflower is baking.
- Add spices, salt, and olive oil together in the bowl with the cauliflower. Toss until the florets are coated.
- Pour the florets into the lined baking sheet and bake until browned, stirring halfway through, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove florets from oven and warm tortillas in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Drain beans from sauce mixture.
- To build tacos, add beans and cauliflower, then garnish with avocado or cilantro avocado cream sauce, onion, hot sauce, and anything else that fulfills your wildest taco dreams.
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- Avocado flesh from a whole avocado
- 2 Tbsp. water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1-2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.