Pasta salad done right! Overflowing with seasonal roasted veggies and gluten free pasta, all tossed in a light Lemon Maple Tahini Dressing. This is a great salad to make for the week or for your next backyard BBQ. Cheers!
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull inspired by Ina Garten
Yields 6-8 servings
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 head purple cauliflower (or any color), broken into florets
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil or other oil, optional
- 1 lb. pasta (DeLallo GF Brown Rice Pasta, quinoa pasta, etc.)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
LEMON MAPLE TAHINI DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine or champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon or brown mustard
- ¼ to ½ cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 10 to 15 basil leaves, Chiffonade
- ¼ shallots, finely minced
- ½ tsp. pink salt, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In one baking sheet, place cauliflower florets on one half and broccoli florets on the other half.
- In another baking sheet, place bell pepper on one half and onion on the other half.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and brush oil (if desired) over veggies.
- Bake veggies for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning halfway through with a spatula. Note, the bell pepper and onion may cook more quickly – closer to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, place Brussels sprouts, face down, and cook until lightly browned. Toss with salt and oil (optional) until outer edges are crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Once the veggies and pasta are cooked, combine in a large mixing bowl with chickpeas and dressing. Serve chilled or at room temp.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
LEMON MAPLE TAHINI DRESSING DIRECTIONS
- In the base of a large mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Set aside until ready to toss with pasta salad ingredients.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 4/30/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Karen – Met Con Saturday
9:30AM Sunshine Orinda Sleepy Hollow Co Ed PRIVATE Class – Coach Piper – Pull Your Weight