When we’re going, going, going and don’t have enough time to refuel with a whole meal, it’s easy to be tempted by the convenience of packaged, processed, not so healthy snack foods. But, if we give ourselves a little extra time to create healthy, on-the-go friendly, and easy-to-prepare snacks then we’re setting ourselves up for success; fueling our bodies with healthful, nutrient-rich, tasty snacks that sustain our energy and our health! These Oat & Nut Butter Energy Bites fit the bill. With a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes, you’ll have a great, go-to snack for the whole week. Enjoy!
OAT & NUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
Adapted from Give Me Some Oven No-Bake Energy Bites
Yields ~16-20 bites
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, cashew or peanut butter)
- 1/4-1/3 cup agave nectar, date paste or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4-1/2 cup cacao nibs or chopped up chocolate (I used Endangered Species Chocolate with 72% cacao)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, nut butter and agave. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and incorporate until thoroughly mixed.
- The mixture should be sticky. If too dry, add more nut butter. If too wet, add more oats and/or ground flax seeds.
- Once blended, scoop and form into 1 inch-sized balls. Cool in the fridge for ~20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a couple months.
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 5/23/15
8:30AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Michelle – TRX Tabata