It’s Friday, friends! As the week winds down and the weekend commences, take a little time to enjoy some R&R with good friends and family. And, to liven things up, how about some Spicy Black Bean, Mango, Avocado Salsa? It has the perfect mixture of tangy and sweet, and spicy and cool. You’ll gobble it all up before the weekend is over!
SPICY BLACK BEAN, MANGO, AVOCADO SALSA
Adapted from Vegan Mos
- 1-15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar (apple cider or red wine work best)
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or mint, removed from stems and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- diced jalapeño,to taste (I used a whole jalapeño for extra spice :))
- pinch of cayenne, to taste
- 1 large avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for avocado.
- Prior to serving, add sliced avocado and mix thoroughly (this will help to avoid browning of the avocado).
- Keep fresh for a few days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy over ROASTED BEER & LIME CAULIFLOWER TACOS, a MASSAGED KALE SALAD or whatever floats your salsa boat!
Cheers to the weekend!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 4/18/15
8:30AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Karen – Metabolic Conditioning AMRAP