Love sweet potatoes? Love to get your spiralizing on? Well, then gather ’round for this healthy, quick, surprisingly simple sweet potato curly string recipe. You’ll need a spiralizer, a few sweet potatoes, some seasonings, and an oven. Simple as that.
SWEET POTATO CURLY STRINGS
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Bake time: 10-15 minutes
- 2-4 sweet potatoes (1 potato per person; 1 potato = 1 serving)
- drizzle of organic extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil, optional
- pinch of Himalayan salt, to taste
- pinch of chili powder, paprika or cayenne pepper, to taste
- pinch of garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub, rinse and cut sweet potatoes in half (short ways).
- Prepare sweet potato strings using a spiralizer.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato strings, oil, and seasonings. Toss to coat and pour into lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy on the edges, mixing every 5 minutes or so to cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 8/6/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Work it Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Work it Circuit
6AM Sunup Lafayette (MOVED TO RUDGEAR IN WALNUT CREEK) Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Sets N Reps
7:10 AM Summer Walnut Creek class – Coach Briana – Work it Circuit
8:15AM Outdoor Yoga at the Moraga Commons – Coach Jentry
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Work It Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Power Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
Have to try that! We also use avocado oil with good results for fries.