What goes well with pumpkin pie? Vanilla Chai Cinnamon Nice cream and a nice long nap. This nice cream is dairy free, refined sugar free, fat free, and gluten free. So, what’s left? Flavor, my friends. So. Much. Flavor. Oh, and fiber, potassium, and copper. Cheers!
VANILLA CHAI CINNAMON NICE CREAM
vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull inspired by Lighter Culture
Yields 2 servings
- 2 large ripe bananas, frozen* (peeled and broken into chunks prior to freezing)
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
- ¼ cup plant milk*
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- pinch of ground ginger
- In a high-powered blender, combine ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls, top with a dusting of cinnamon and enjoy!
- Be prepared for nice cream in a pinch and have a bag of frozen banana chunks on hand. Use ripe bananas (with spots on the skin), peel, break into large chunks, put in a freezer bag and freeze.
- Depending on your blender power, you may not need any plant milk to reach the creamy nice cream consistency. Add plant milk to thin or omit plant milk to keep thick.