It’s been a scorcher out there. So, when life gives you triple digit temps, you make salad. Cold, refreshing, juicy, watermelon salad. There’s zero cooking, baking or grilling required for this light, satisfying dish. All you need is a cutting board and a healthy appetite. Cheers!
WATERMELON MINT SALAD
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup blueberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, Chiffonade
- Tofu Feta (recipe below) or Kite-Hill Soft Fresh Truffle Dill & Chive Almond Cheese (available at Whole Foods)
TOFU FETA INGREDIENTS
- 4 oz. firm tofu, pressed and crumbled (I used Wildwood Organic Sprouted Tofu)
- juice from ½ large lemon
- small bunch fresh dill, finely minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pink salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl toss cubed watermelon, blueberries, lemon juice and mint.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top with Tofu Feta and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
TOFU FETA METHOD
- Drain tofu and press (between hands) to remove excess liquid.
- Crumble and combine in a mixing bowl with lemon juice, dill, garlic powder, salt and white pepper.