Beat the heat and get your sweat on early today. If you can’t make it to class, here’s a great DIY workout designed just for you, our lively, resolute boot camper friends.
You need a band, your weights, mat, jumprope, and a timer for this workout.
Part 1: Warm Up ROM
Calf Raises with Arm Swings – Alternating Hip Circles – Butt Kicker Pairs – Alternating Knee Circles – Windmills – Toy Soldiers – Run, Bike or Row 1/4 mile (400M)
Part 2: Activate w/ band
Band on thighs
March in place track knees hip width 50x
15 each: Track knees hip distance
Hi Plank Jacks
2B: Cardio Rev Up – Do this TWICE!
20 Jumping Jacks
Side Shuffle 10xR /10xL
20 Mountain Runners
20 Butt Kickers
20 Hi Knees
10 Samson Stretch
Part 3: Mixed Intervals
Set 1: 50work/10rest&switch Do this ONCE
Hi Plank Hold
Glute Bridge Hold
Low Plank Hold
Wall Sit Hold
Set 2: 50work/10rest&switch, Do this TWICE
Glute Bridge Pullover
Sumo Hi Pull
Set 3: 20work/10rest&switch, Do this FOUR times
Set 4:50work/10rest&switch, Do this TWICE
Set 5: 30work/15rest&switch, Do this TWICE
Run, Bike or Row 1/2 mile (800M) for time
Part 4: Cardio Reps
Set 1: 10 Burpees – 1 Shuttle Run 10Y/15Y/20Y – 3X
Set 2: 10 Sprinter Start R 10L 60 skips 2X
Part 5:Cool Down Walk (1/8 mile/200M)
Do these stretches for 30 seconds per side
Thread the Needle
Quadruped Thoracic Rotation
Cool off and treat yourself to something naturally sweet with our Mango Nice Cream. All you’ll need is a high-powered blender, ripe frozen mangos and bananas, and some plant milk.
Mangos provide a healthy dose of vitamin C and fiber. They’ve also been shown to promote healthy eyes thanks to the antioxidant zeaxanthin. You’re sure to get potassium from the bananas and a good amount of calcium from the fortified plant milk.
MANGO NICE CREAM
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
NICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks (~2 small bananas)
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- ¼ to ½ cup unsweetened plant milk (almond, cashew, coconut, soy, hemp)
- fresh blueberries and strawberries
- granola (Purely Elizabeth Granola is a family favorite – available at Target and WF)
NICE CREAM METHOD
- In a high-powered blender, combine frozen banana chunks, mango chunks and plant milk.
- Pulse and blend, adding additional liquid as needed until consistency is creamy and nice cream-like.
- Divide into two serving bowls, top with fresh berries and granola, and enjoy!
- If you want to sweeten it more, add a small amount of maple syrup or a couple dates.