With so many people and animals affected by these blazing wildfires, it’s only right to share some tips on how to help. I”m sure you’re all way ahead of the game here, but I wanted to share just in case. What is going on is heartbreaking to say the least and every little bit of support we can all give will contribute to the betterment of many.
Here are some great organizations working hard to make a positive difference:
- North Valley Community Foundation Camp Fire Evacuation Relief Fund (supports evacuation centers near the Camp Fire who are working to manage a huge surge in people needing shelter and assistance)
- Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency (SAVE): California Fire Foundation (is an organization distributing funds to help victims purchase clothing and other essentials)
- California Volunteers (offers volunteer opportunities for those looking to lend a hand)
- Baby2Baby(has a registry for babies/children in need of essentials during the ongoing fires)
- Butte Humane Society (is accepting donations, in-person contributions of food/bedding/other supplies, and they’ve setup an amazon wishlist)