It’s fall and we are shamelessly baking pumpkin bread over here. The best part about it is that we’re using minimal oil, zero refined sugar and flour made from almonds. Prepare to fill your home with the essence of the season and your bellies with a nice, little treat. Cheers!
PUMPKIN BREAD (GF + VEGAN)
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. freshly ground flax meal + 3 Tbsp. water)
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted (use coconut oil if preferred)
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- ¼ cup plant-milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour (Trader Joe’s or Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup rolled oats (GF if needed)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line bread pan with parchment paper or spray cupcake tins with small amount of oil.
- In a small dish, whisk together ground flax meal and water and let sit for about 5 minutes until gel-like consistency is reached.
- Melt coconut butter and maple syrup together in a small dish (about 30 seconds in the microwave).
- In a large bowl, combine flax egg, melted coconut butter/maple syrup mixture, and remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix until ingredients are smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly stir into wet mixture until well incorporated.
- If making muffins, spoon about 1/3 cup into each individual tin (should make about a dozen muffins). If making bread, pour entire mixture into pan and smooth surface with a spatula.
- Top with chocolate chips and/or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake muffins for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake bread for 40-50 minutes.
- Check center of muffins or bread with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, remove from heat and let sit for another 15 minutes before serving.
Written by: Coach Jentry on September 22, 2017.