This story of Roo, the two-legged chihuahua, and Penny, the Silkie chicken will melt your heart. They’re the cutest pair of besties, who came together thanks to Alicia, a kind soul who rescued them to give them a better life. These two will bring a ray of sunshine into your life and remind us that love conquers all.
Don’t forget tomorrow’s LABOR DAY HIKE!
No Classes on LABOR DAY 9/7…WE HIKE INSTEAD.
We rarely cancel regular classes on any holiday, but this year, we are changing it UP!
Coach Michelle will be leading a 7 mile loop hike in the BEAUTIFUL Shell Ridge Open Space past the China Wall and looping through Little Yosemite. This hike is a rolling hill hike with 4-5 steeper climbs.
Livorna Staging area Start
Foothills Trail to Stonegate
Mokelumne past China Wall
Little Yosemite to Stage Rd
Buckeye Ravine back to Stonegate
Foothill back to Livorna Staging.
Any non Gumsaba members need to fill out a waiver to participate.
Please email email@example.com if you plan to go so we have a head count.
Gumsaba Labor Day Celebration Hike
Monday September 7, 2015
8:30AM – roughly 10:30AM
(plan for 11 as we may stop for views/rest/water)
WHAT TO BRING:
It’s might be a HOT day. Be ready.
• Water and a snack if you don’t eat before!!!
• wear hat/glasses/sunblock
• stable shoes (no nike frees or the like)
• Polyester/wicking socks (to prevent blisters)
WHERE TO MEET:
• Travel about 2 miles up the hill and come to a stop sign at Livorna Park. CONTINUE GOING STRAIGHT AT MIRANDA RD. STOP SIGN.
• Livorna Staging area will be on the LEFT side another mile up.
ARRIVE EARLY to warm up as we will leave at 8:30AM SHARP.Please text Coach Michelle if you have any trouble finding the location: 925-683-5630.