Its MONDAY, its (almost) summer…so put on your BOOGIE SHOES and prep for interval strength training and heart pounding TABATAS at all locations STAT. Todays workouts are all chalked full of total body strength intervals sandwiched between cardio Tabatas – let’s just say your run will be your “break”. Disco will be played to help you survive!
BOOT CAMP MORAGA CA
BOOT CAMP WALNUT CREEK CA
BOOT CAMP WALNUT CREEK TOUGH MUDDER TRAINING
Is all the mobility training paying off? Please keep up with that as we push toward greater fitness levels. It only becomes MORE important!
BOOT CAMP DANVILLE CA
Michelle’s 10 Tips for Preventing Injury
1) Gradually increase your training level by 5-10% over the course of three or four training sessions. Be sure to allow proper recovery time, such as one to two days rest between training sessions.
2) Work your mobility training.
3) Drink plenty of water. Eat whole, nourishing foods. Avoid heavily processed foods and sugar. Balance your plate.
4) Arch supports for flat feet will help prevent injury by limiting excessive pronation.
5) Soft inserts will benefit athletes with high rigid arches by helping them absorb shock and dissipate it over a larger area.
6) Be sure to warm up and stretch your calves and the muscles on the front of your shins before, during, and after activity with the deepest mobility and stretching afterwards.
7) Icing the shins for 20 minutes following activity can help to reduce pain and inflammation if needed.
8) wear compression socks for shin splits.
9) Do not neglect your shoes. Running shoes may break down every 4-5 months and need to be replaced. The shoes may wear out long before the shoe uppers wear out. CLICK HERE for info on worn out shoes.
10) Train mindfully. Listen to your body. Sleep 6-8 hours per night. Take rest days.
Boot Camp Fitness Intervals DAnville
Boot Camp Fitness Intervals DAnvilleNow get back to work! 🙂 Coach M