With all of these warm spring days we’re getting, nothing sounds better than a cool, refreshing salad. This Cauliflower & Kale Tabbouleh has many of the same benefits of a green salad – it’s filled with flavorful and nourishing veggies – but, it has a special twist…
The cauliflower is reminiscent of the bulgar or couscous that typically serves as the base of Tabbouleh. And while it’s hearty in crunch and texture, it’s grain-free, which may be good news for anyone with a gluten allergy or intolerance.
There’s no roasting, baking or grilling involved. Just combine raw, nutrient-rich veggies with a little fresh-sqeezed lemon juice, vinegar, and spices. Easy peasy!
KALE & CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH
Yields ~4 servings
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 pint (1.5 cups) grape or cherry or plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil or parsley, minced
- 1 1/4 cups bell peppers
- 2-4 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup or more)
- 2-3 dino kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vinegar (red wine, apple cider, or plum will all work)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- hulled hemp seeds (for garnish)
- pomegranate seeds (for garnish)
- Remove the cauliflower from the stem and break into small florets.
- Add florets to the food processor and pulse until the cauliflower becomes crumbly (about the size of quinoa).
- Remove cauliflower crumbles from the food processor and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with hemp seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with sliced veggies, on top of lettuce or with pita bread.
- Enjoy right away or keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 4/30/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Obstacle Course AMRAPS
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Obstacle Course AMRAPS
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Meta HIIT
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Obstacle Course AMRAPS
9:35AM Rose Court Co-ED – Coach Jentry – (private class)
11:00AM Cytosport HIIT Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Michelle D. (private class)