“Ain’t no party like a zoodle party, ’cause the zoodle party don’t stop!” We’re on a roll with all these zoodle creations, because we cannot get enough of the filling, nutrient-dense zucchini noodle goodness. The latest addition to the zoodle family is the Cilantro Avocado Cream Zoodles with Black Beans & Sweet Potatoes. So unbelievably tasty and nourishing, and easy to throw together. The most labor-intensive part is making the zoodles, which is pretty darn simple if you have the right tool. We recommend a spiralizer or Julienne Peeler.
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM ZOODLES WITH BLACK BEANS & SWEET POTATOES
Yields ~4 generous servings
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, roasted and diced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- juice from 1/2 lime
Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- Flesh from one large avocado or 2 small
- 2 Tbsp. water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on size) lengthwise into quarters and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
- Cut the ends of the zucchini and create zucchini noodles (aka zoodles), using a spiralizer or Julienne Peeler. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onions over medium heat for ~3 minutes, or until they become tender and browned.
- Add vinegar and toss.
- Reduce heat to low-med and stir in zoodles. Cook until zoodles are tender (between 3-5 min).
- Add black beans, corn, sweet potatoes and stir.
- Season with salt, spices, and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce.
- Garnish with avocado, hot sauce lime juice and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 6/6/15
8:30AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Move Out