If you have a hankering for something crispy and spicy, I have just the thing for you. These baked Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are full of flavor and free of heavy doses of fat and salt. They’re great as an appetizer for your next party, or a nice snack to nibble on during your Friday night Netflix binge.
Enjoy them with fresh, crips veggies and cool them off with some cilantro avocado cream sauce.
CRISPY BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce or wing sauce (Organicville)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or whatever starch you’ve got)
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk almond milk, olive oil, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper together.
- Dip cauliflower florets into flour mixture and place in lined baking pan. Bake at 450 degrees for ~20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the BBQ/wing sauce, Sriracha, arrowroot, and salt (if desired).
- Once baked, toss cauliflower with sauce mixture and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE
- Avocado flesh from a whole avocado
- 2 tbsp water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice, to taste
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1-2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 2/26/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Cardio Base Work!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Obstacle Course Partner Work
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Full Body Strength Sets
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Cardio Base Work
9:35AM Rose Court Co-ED – Coach Jentry – (private class) Coreture Partner Style
11:00AM Cytosport HIIT Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)