For those of you who love your morning bowl of oatmeal, but you don’t always have time to whip them up, I have just the answer…overnight oats! All you need is a sturdy, glass container (I use a Mason jar or a glass bowl with matching lid), rolled oats, nondairy milk (almond, coconut or soy), some fruit and you’re on your way.
These Overnight Oats with Blackberries & Lime offer a unique and refreshing combination that you don’t often find in oatmeal. With the berry and lime mixture, they’re not too sweet and yet they have a bright, citrusy flavor. Great for mornings on the go or mornings at home.
OVERNIGHT OATS ~ BLACKBERRY & LIME
Yields 1 serving
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. flax or chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 cup almond, soy or coconut milk
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, minced
- Juice from 1⁄2 lime and a little lime zest for extra zing
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave, optional
- In a 12 oz. Mason jar or small glass container (with a lid) combine oats, seeds and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in nondairy milk, blackberries, mint leaves, lime and sweetener.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients and cover.
- Set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir and enjoy the next morning!
- If you don’t have any blackberries on hand, any berries will do. I’ve tried these with a blackberry/blueberry combo, and they were great.
- Not into cold oatmeal, heat these up in the microwave at 30 sec. intervals (stirring in between each interval).
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 5/2/15
8:30AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Rep it out