It’s the freaken’ weekend and I’m about to have me some Roasted Beer & Lime Cauliflower Tacos! The weekend is upon us, which means it’s time to let your hair down and celebrate the sunshine and fresh air. So, gather with your favorite peeps and whip up a feast of delicious, spicy, weekend-worthy tacos.
ROASTED BEER & LIME CAULIFLOWER TACOS
From Thug Kitchen
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets (no bigger than a quarter).
- Whisk together beer, veggie broth, lime juice, tamari/soy/liquid aminos, hot sauce, and garlic.
- In a large saucepan, warm the sauce mixture over medium heat, add cauliflower florets, and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a sifted spoon, scoop out the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Keep the sauce mixture in the pan.
- Pour black beans in the sauce and simmer on low heat while cauliflower is baking.
- Add spices, salt, and olive oil together in the bowl with the cauliflower. Toss until the florets are coated.
- Pour the florets into the lined baking sheet and bake until browned, stirring halfway through, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove florets from oven and warm tortillas in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Drain beans from sauce mixture.
CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE
- Avocado flesh from a whole avocado
- 2 tbsp water, or more as needed to thin out
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice, to taste
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1-2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
To build tacos, add beans and cauliflower, then garnish with cilantro avocado cream sauce, onion, hot sauce, and anything else that fulfills your wildest taco dreams.
Have a great weekend!
These r good! I’ve made them before!