Happy Saturday, everyone! It’s not Saturday unless you kick off the weekend with an antioxidant-rich, refreshing, invigorating smoothie. And, I have just the one for you…This Beets, Berries & Basil smoothie is bright and flavorful, very filling, but no too heavy, and beautiful with its deep, vibrant color.
BEETS, BERRIES & BASIL SMOOTHIE
Adapted from The PlantPower Way’s Triple B Blend
Yield 2 small smoothies or 1 jumbo smoothie
- 4 cups liquid (2 cups water and 2 cups of almond or other nondairy milk)
- 2 leaves kale, removed from stems or 1 large handful of baby greens
- 2 Tbsp. hemp protein
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger root, peeled
- 1/4 cup beet, peeled and diced
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 2 leaves fresh mint
- garnish with pepitas, hemp seeds or fresh berries
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
May the plant force be with you.