On this installment of Smoothie Saturday we’re diving into the bright and refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie. Bursting with the flavors of summer, this smoothie is filled with sweet strawberries and tart lemons, creating a symphony of flavor that will take to you back to your lemonade stand days.
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE SMOOTHIE
Adapted from Blissful Basil’s Pink Lemonade Smoothie
Yields 1 generous serving
- 2 cups almond or other nondairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (raspberries work well, too)
- 1 medium banana
- Juice from one large lemon or 2 small
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date, optional (for enhanced sweetness)
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter, optional (for enhanced mouthfeel)
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- In a high-powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- To thicken, add more frozen berries. To thin out, add cold, filtered water.
Have a super Saturday!