Avocado! This extraordinary fruit stands among the rest with its creamy consistency and rich flavor, turning everything it touches into nutrient-dense, delicious gold. Avocado also happens to be a bright beacon of health, touting a whole list of nutritional benefits.
- Protein. One avocado contains about 4 grams of protein. Not too shabby for a fruit!
- Dietary fiber. The average avocado is packed with about 11 grams of fiber, 75% of which is insoluble and 25% is soluble.
- Potassium. Move over, bananas! One avocado contains about 700 mg of potassium accounting for 14% of the RDA, compared to a banana, which contains about 10% of the RDA.
- Heart-healthy oleic acid. This monounsaturated fatty acid is responsible for reducing levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood, lowers the risk of stroke and heart disease, and has been linked to reduced inflammation.
- Increased nutrient absorption. Avocados or avocado oil help with the absorption of fat soluble nutrients, such as carotenoids and vitamins A, D, E and K. One study in the Journal of Nutrition showed that adding avocado or avocado oil to salads and/or salsa can “increase antioxidant absorption by 2.6 to 15-fold.”
For more details on this fancy fruit, check out this in-depth NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN OF AVOCADO.
Aside from the more the obvious guacamole choice, try these creative ways of including more avocado in your life.
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS TOMATOES AND CHIVES
- KALE, AVOCADO, TANGERINE, AND SESAME SALAD
- CHOCOLATE BANANA AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
To your health!
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Get Loaded Thursday
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – HIIT THURSDAY!
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Push and Pull Circuit
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Get Loaded Thursday
9:35AM Rose Court Co-ED – Coach Michelle – (private class) Push and Pull + Cardio
11:00AM Cytosport HIIT Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Power Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)