Yes, it’s that time. It’s smoothie Saturday! Today’s smoothie is all about turmeric and its long list of remarkable health benefits. From its powerful anti-inflamatory effects to its ability to block carcinogens, this vibrant, little orange root is pretty amazing! When combined with kale, mango, pineapple, strawberries, lemon, and some other goodies all in one delicious smoothie, you can’t go wrong.
TOTALLY TUBULAR TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
Adapted from Simple Green Smoothies
Yields 2 servings
- 2 cups kale (or other dark leafy green)
- 2 cups almond, coconut or soy milk
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 cup mango
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh turmeric root, peeled (ground turmeric works, too)
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. chia, flax or hemp seeds
- 1 medjool date, optional (for extra sweetness and potassium)
- Add kale and milk of choice in blender and blend for ~1min until smooth
- Combine remaining ingredients and blend for another 1-2 min.
- Enjoy right away!