Yes, its true. Its just as good with way less fat and no wheat, hello comfort food! This is a recipe we have earned from 12 years of vegan and recently gluten-free tests. Its the first time its ever been recorded!
Preheat oven 375 for the
- Mozzarella Cheeze Sauce:
- 1 cups water
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 T tahini
- 3 T quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 T arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
Medium or Strong Cheddar Scheeze (optional to some, necessary to me! Substitute 1/2 the cheese in the recipe)
1) Cook the pasta according to the directions. I use this brand of spaggetti too – it cooks up well; as with any long noodle make sure you stir it gently until its wet so it doesn’t stick together. You can add a tiny bit of olive oil to help prevent that.
2) lightly spray oil the bottom of a 9″ long pan, I use spectrum coconut oil.
3) in this order add :
1/2 of the noodles top with 1/3 mozzerella cheeze sauce, 1/2 cup of daiya cheese/cheeze blend, then sprinkle a thin layer of Energ bread crumbs. Layer remaining noodles, mozzerella cheeze sauce and 1/2 cup of daiya/cheeze blend. Top with Energ Bread Crumbs.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving (or as long as you can wait!)