Michelles Home Made Easy Cheezy Sauce: Put this in a blender or food processor and mix it till its smooth:
- 1 cups water
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup large nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 T sesame tahini
- 3 T quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 T arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375.
Boil the water for the noodles – cook according to package. While you boil them, make the Home made easy cheezy sauce. Once the noodles are done, put a teaspoon of olive oil on a 9X7X2 or similar size caserole dish and rub a thin layer over it.
Place 1/3 of the noodles in the dish, and drizzle 1/3 of the cheeze sauce on it. Then 1/3 cup of the cheeze and a tablespoon of bread crumbs. Repeat this process and finish with the bread crumbs on top.
Put it in the oven for 35 minutes – check it and if you like it crispier add and another 5 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Use Organic Catsup – makes 4 hearty servings.
* if you want Scheeze in Strong Cheddar flavor, you need to order it online at foodfightgrocery.com, you can get the Daiya Cheese and everything else on this list at Whole foods.