If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll have one a heck of a time getting there!
When it comes to your health, a clear direction will help you live longer and better. So, how can we plan our future to prioritize a healthy lifestyle?
Experts say that our drive, or passion, is one of the critical components in any endeavor. Picture your whole health in 10 years. What will drive you there? What will be the fire that keeps your engine running? Are the habits you have today supporting your best future? If not, then how will you change them?
Here are some ideas to inspire your healthiest future…
- Get out in nature as much as possible. Walk, hike, ride a bike. Just 20 minutes in nature has been proven to lower stress hormones.
- Drink water. Water helps your body function optimally. Drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day promotes better digestion, muscle function and so much more.
- Let that sh!t go. Holding on to anger is bad for your health. Anger is a useful emotion when it fires us up to make change, but hanging on to anger is bad for your health.
- Take supplements that support longevity. This is a must read, having to do with ways in which we can prolong life and remain healthy with some great tips on supplementation.
- Avoid processed sugar. Studies show sugar ages the body and harms the immune system.
- Get inspired. I love the Tony Robbins podcast for inspiration as well as TED Talks on subjects that mean a lot to me.
- Stay motivated. Keep your DRIVE by making things you are passionate about your priority. Whatever it is that you care a lot about, spend time focused on it and that can help fuel the other things in your life that need more juice.
- Be thankful, even for the little things. Wake up this morning? Some people didn’t. Show your gratitude both to others and to yourself and improve your health and happiness.
- Get out of your comfort zone. You never know what might be waiting for you on the outside, and it may just be the fire you need to fuel the drive!
- Make a vision board. As corny as that may seem, it will solidify that which is not yet solid and give you a physical manifestation of what you want in this ONE life you get. It is well worth the time, and its fun!
- It’s up to you. The more you can take responsibility for where you are, the more control you have over the future. Feel free to add your inspiration in the comments.
I want you to remember me as the person that helped you find a path to better your health. I will always remember you as the ones who inspired me to reach outside of my comfort zone and live my best life. Thank you!
Love, Coach Michelle
Written by: Michelle Brown on October 7, 2019.