Behold, a tofu dish with a world of flavor and less than ten ingredients. It’s easy to throw together, it’s perfect for stir fries, and it’s packed with antioxidants and plant protein. Need we say more?
BAKED GARLIC GINGER SESAME TOFU
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from PBS.org
- 1-14 oz. Organic High Protein Super Firm Tofu, cut into even slabs (you should end up with 12)
- ¼ to ½ cup rice wine vinegar (start with a ¼ cup and go from there)
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 Tbsp. plum sauce (you can also use maple syrup)
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cut tofu into even slabs (about ¼ in. thick). Lay tofu in an even layer in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together to make marinade. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour on top of tofu. Flip tofu to evenly coat. Place a lid or plastic wrap over tofu dish and let sit for at least 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Marinate overnight for even more flavor. *
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove tofu slabs from marinade, shaking off excess liquid, and transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Reserve marinade (use for stir fry sauce).
- Bake tofu for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn halfway through to evenly brown.
- Remove tofu from oven, cut into strips or cubes. Enjoy with veggie stir fries, noodle dishes or solo.
Written by: Coach Jentry on October 1, 2016.