How can we take care of ourselves and each other? Make time for sleep, move our bodies everyday, spend time with the ones we love, and eat real food. Food from the earth, closest to its original form, full of phytonutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. Even if you have just 10 minutes to spare, you can transform a few ingredients into a nutrient-packed powerhouse of goodness.
10-Minute Crispy Shiitake + Greens Ramen Noodle Bowl
Vegan, Gluten Free
Recipe adapted from Hot For Food’s Easy Ramen Noodle Bowl
Yields 2 full servings
NOODLE BASE INGREDIENTS
- 4 cups liquid (2 cups organic vegetable broth (low sodium) + 2 cups H2O)
- 3 Tbsp. organic red miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. organic minced ginger root (by The Ginger People)
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 Organic Forbidden Rice Ramen Cakes (by Lotus Foods, available online and Whole Foods)
- 2 large handfuls cruciferous greens, finely chopped (collard greens, kale, broccoli)
- ¼ bell pepper, thinly sliced
CRISPY SHIITAKE INGREDIENTS
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- roughly 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Hot chili paste
- Lime juice
- In a pan, over medium-high heat, water/broth sauté onion until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, cook for another few minutes until edges are crispy and golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring broth/water mixture to a gentle boil. Add miso paste, ginger and chili sauce. Stir until miso dissolves.
- Add 2 dry ramen cakes, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently break up the noodles as they begin to soften.
- While broth mixture is still boiling, stir in cruciferous greens and bell peppers, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, incorporate crispy shiitake mixture and remove from heat.
- Transfer soup into bowls (Be careful, it’s hot!), garnish with chili sauce, Sriracha, scallions and lime. Enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 2/13/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Michelle – Tabata Boot Camp