Eating food as nature intended, in its whole, glorious form. A great rule of thumb, especially when a snack attack comes on. Apple slices and peanut butter are taken to a whole, new level with these Apple Nut Butter Sammies – snack attack dilemma solved.
APPLE NUT BUTTER SAMMIES
Adapted from Whole Food’s Apple Sandwiches
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 2 apples
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- sprinkle of Himalayan salt, optional
- 2-3 Tbsp. almond or peanut butter
- Optional toppings: granola, goji berries, raisins, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, chia seeds
- Core and slice apples (crosswise) into 1/4 inch thick round slices.
- Lay apple slices out in one layer, squeeze on lemon juice, sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Turn slices over and repeat.
- Spread nut butter and any additional toppings on half the slices.
- Top dressed slices with other slices and enjoy!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 8/29/15
8:30 AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Karen – HIIT Saturday!