You don’t need a fancy blender or a bunch of special ingredients from the depths of the Amazon Rainforest to have a good breakfast. You just need about five minutes, a ripe avocado, some chickpeas and a healthy appetite. This Avocado Chickpea Power “Bowl” is a great solution to the morning predicament we often run into – short on time and hungry! Sure, you can grab a piece of fruit before you rush out the door. But, if you need a little more than that, give this guy a try. You’ll be starting your day with a healthy dose of plant protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber, fat, and powerful phytochemicals.
AVOCADO CHICKPEA POWER BOWL
Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, quick and easy
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- lemon juice
- hot sauce
- pink salt
- Cut avocado in half, lengthwise. Remove pit.
- Spoon chickpeas into avocado “bowls” (where the pit once was).
- Top with lemon juice, hot sauce and salt.
- Dig in!
- If you want to make room for more chickpeas, simply spoon out some of the avocado before piling on your chickpeas.
- If you don’t have chickpeas, any bean will do. Black, pinto, kidney, Great Northern. The choice is yours!