Avocado and chocolate lovers unite! If you love avocado, then you really love avocado. Avocado fans aren’t your average fans, they’re fanatics. Same goes for chocolate lovers. These folks are serious about their chocolate. You know who you are. And yes, I am passionate about both. Not just for the wonderful flavors these superstars lend to any dish, but for the health benefits associated with chocolate and avocado. So, when I discovered I could marry the two in a symphony of downright splendid deliciousness I was over-the-moon thrilled. Jam-packed with nutrients (potassium, folate, B vitamins), antioxidants, rich in complex flavor and healthy fats, and free of processed sugars this Avocado Chocolate Paradise Pudding will make sugary, processed pudding snack packs a thing of the past.
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PARADISE PUDDING
Adapted from Chocolate Avocado Pudding by Raw. Vegan. Not Gross.
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 4 servings
- 2 large, ripe avocados, pitted and peeled (see video for how to pit & peel)
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (organic, unrefined, cold-pressed is best)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos or tamari
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- fresh berries
- slivered almonds
- cacao nibs
- swirl in nut butter
- sprig of basil or mint
- In a food processor, combine avocado, coconut oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos/tamari.
- Pulse a couple times then add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve in a pitted avocado (as pictured), because everyone will be impressed, and garnish with desired toppings.
- Enjoy 🙂
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 8/15/15
8:30 AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Co-Ed class – Coach Briana – Met Con Saturday!