Oh, avocado. You little green monster of delicious, creamy goodness. You’ve made taco Tuesday that much better with a heaping bowl of guacamole. You’ve changed hearts and minds with Massaged Kale Salad. And, now you’ve gone and changed breakfast…forever. Avocado toast may not sound like much, but I assure you it’s going to brighten your morning breakfast routine (or afternoon snack) like nothing else.
Avocados are good for you! They are a good source of monounsaturated fat, and they are full of potassium, fiber, and phytosterols shown to reduce cholesterol. So, go get your avocado toast party on!
AVOCADO TOAST WITH CUCUMBER + PEPITAS
Vegan, Gluten Free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 slices of toast
- 2 slices bread (Sprouted Grain Ezekiel or GF Sourdough Bread SRSLY)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled like so, option to thinly slice (as pictured)
- ½ cucumber, partially peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 orange, divided (¼ for juice + ¾ for eating)
- Pepitas (Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds)
- Red pepper flakes
- Prepare avocado, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Remove bread from toaster, divide avocado in half and fan out on bread (for fancy toast) or go straight to mashing with a fork.
- Top toast with cucumber, bell peppers, and squeeze of fresh juice from ¼ orange.
- Garnish with pepitas and red pepper flakes and serve immediately.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 2/4/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Short Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Short Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – Met Con Mash Up
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – TRX Med Ball HIIT
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – Met Con Mash Up
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Short Circuit
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp – Coach Briana (private class)