We interrupt this regularly scheduled Smoothie Saturday programming with…drum roll…avocado toast! No blenders, frozen berries, or fancy equipment necessary. All you need is some bread (we highly recommend Ezekiel), a toaster (or oven), a ripe avocado, a few fixens, and a healthy appetite. Then, you’re on your way to a gloriously yummy and simple breakfast!
Yields 2 servings
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled like so
- sliced nectarine
- sliced tomato
- thinly sliced red onion
- pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- hemp seeds
- leafy greens tossed in lemon juice and/or balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- pink Himalayan salt
- Toast bread.
- Divide avocado in have and spread onto toast using a fork. Smooth with a knife if desired.
- Top with additional ingredients and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!