Hot potato, hot potato, baked potato, yum! These Baked Fries with Cashew Parmesan are oil free, savory, simple, and delicious. Watch out oil-drenched, fast food, french fries, you have another thing coming!
BAKED FRIES WITH CASHEW PARMESAN
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull Adapted from This Rawsome Vegan Life’s Perfect Oven-Baked Fries
- 4-5 medium potatoes (Red, Yukon Gold, Russet)
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Scrub and wash potatoes, and cut into thin French fry shaped slices.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and spices. Stir or hand-toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on lined baking pans – line them up in rows and avoid overlapping so they cook evenly and they’re easy to turn.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bottom edges are golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven, turn and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven sprinkle on Cashew Parmesan, add additional garnishing and/or spices, and serve.
- 1 cup cold, raw, unsalted cashews (chill in fridge overnight)
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- In a food processor, pulse and combine all ingredients until mixture reaches sand-like consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 weeks.