Banana bread made without refined sugar and mounds of butter that still tastes scrumptious, in fact better than the original? Sign me up!
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull adapted from family recipe and The Minimalist Baker
Yields 12 muffins or 2 small loaves
BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 Tbsp. plant milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider or white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax meal
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, optional
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or date paste, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from raw, unsalted almonds)
- 1 cup oat flour (ground from gluten free rolled oats)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. pink salt
BANANA BREAD DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with muffin papers or 2 small bread pans with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- In a small dish combine plant milk with vinegar. Let sit for a couple minutes then add to mashed banana mixture.
- In the same small dish (used for the plant milk) whisk together flax meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until consistency becomes gelatinous ( like a flax “egg”).
- Incorporate flax egg, coconut oil, maple syrup (if using) and vanilla extract. Mix together until creamy.
- Incorporate almond meal, oat flour, baking soda and pink salt in with wet ingredients.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop banana bread mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 23-35 minutes at 350, or until muffins are cooked through. Test with a toothpick in the center of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 3/17/16
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Dynamic Squats & Pulls Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Dynamic Squats & Press Circuit
6AM Sunup Moraga Co-Ed class – Coach James – Dynamic Squats & Pulls
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – Dynamic Squats & Pulls Circuit
8:15AM Sunshine Moraga Womens only Class – Coach James – Dynamic Squats & Pulls
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Dynamic Squats & Pulls Circuit
9:30AM Sunshine Lafayette Rose Court PRIVATE Class – Coach Piper – Dynamic Squats & Pulls
11:00AM Cytosport Advanced Boot Camp at the Park – Coach Briana (private class)
11:00AM Cytosport Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)