Get ready to feast your eyes on some good looking, plant-powered beauties. Today, we are all about veggies, veggies and more veggies…We’re stuffing bell peppers with black beans, brown rice and then some. These fiery, zesty, savory, hot and spicy Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for a Friday night fiesta. Cook your beans and rice ahead of time for easy-to-assemble fun for the whole family!
BLACK BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined oil free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 8-12 pepper halves
- 4-6 sweet bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 batch of Saucy Beans + Rice *
- Make your Saucy Beans + Rice ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut and seed the bell peppers.
- Parboil the the bell peppers.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil – enough to cover the bell peppers.
- Add bell pepper halves to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, just enough to get them tender.
- Remove bell peppers from the water and transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Transfer drained peppers to a lined baking pan.
- Stuff bell peppers, starting with cooked rice, then add saucy beans. It’s okay if they overflow a bit.
- Top with Follow Your Heart Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes at 375 degrees F.*
- Once edges of bell peppers are lightly browned and crispy, remove from heat.
- Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!
- *I added 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn to my saucy beans this time and they were de-lish!
- Use cauliflower rice or quinoa in lieu of brown rice, if preferred.
- Cooking time depends on your oven, so keep an eye on them and be careful not to burn.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Saturday 8/27/16
8:30 AM Saturday Co-Ed Boot Camp – Coach Karen – Core Cardio Mash Up